Friday, September 24, 2010

Days 11-14 Khovd to Semey, Kazakhstan.

I haven’t been able to upload any pics because we haven’t had very much communication range. My satellite phone was ‘misplaced’ early in Mongolia, and I have been able to keep contact through the generosity of other’s sat phones for a few brief "Hello’s…I’m safe in camp for the night" messages, with no real conversations.


Julie and Lawrence have been making a few brief posts for us until we get back into communication range. We are both doing well, and Penny is still holding together!  Fortunately last night the Pioneer category drivers managed to score the best accommodation of the 3 motels allocated. Tonight we are camped in a rocky cow paddock in Kazakhstan, with no flat spaces big enough the size of my body…so I think we are all in for a rocky night ! We are both well, having fun….a bit tired though but really enjoying the trip.


p.s. see an interview with us at http://www.p2pvj.com/Index.aspx (click Rally Life - Semeny)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to have an update to your blog, and great to see the video clip. I have watched the Bishop one and will have to watch some more. Does "misplaced" mean stolen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew Robson asked,


    wot, no carrier pigeons ??????

    keep up the good work guys, we are all wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete